- 5 medium size potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt, paprika and pepper to taste
- Olive oil or Vegetable oil
1. Peel potatoes and onion.
2. Take big bowl, grate potatoes and onion (on the star shaped grater), taking turns and mixing grated mixture. Onion juice will keep potatoes from browning.
3. Add flour, egg, sour cream and mix it well, than add 1teaspoon of salt and some paprika and black pepper, batter should be still liquid enough so you can easily ladle it.
4. Warm up a skillet with 2-3 Tablespoon of oil over medium/high heat. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture at a time to the skillet fry on one side until golden brown in color, then flip to other side and fry for the same amount of time. Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the batter.